MEDFORD, ORE. —
UPDATE: The man found dead at Rogue Valley Country Club early Sunday morning has been identified as 67-year-old Bernard Michael "Mike" O'Grady.
On Sunday, December 15th just after 6:30 in the morning, Medford Police say officers and medical personnel responded to the Rogue Valley Country Club for a man who was not responsive. He was found outside on the property and was determined to have died.
The man was soon identified as 67-year-old Bernard O'Grady. Police said he lived on Black Oak Drive, near the country club. An investigation showed O'Grady was walking home the night before when he fell down and injured himself near where he was found the next morning.
The next day, an autopsy was performed. Police say toxicology results won't be available for several weeks.
Medford Police say the death has been ruled accidental, with the cause remaining under investigation. The fall — as well as other factors, such as cold temperatures — are considered contributing factors.
(Updated 12/17/19 at 1:25 p.m.)
INITIAL REPORT: The Medford Police Department has confirmed a man's body was found at the Rogue Valley Country Club at 6:30 Sunday morning.
This is a developing story. The case is under investigation.
An officer told NewsWatch 12 new information will be released Monday morning.
NewsWatch 12 has reached out to the Rogue Valley Country Club for more information as well. We are waiting to hear back.
- Medford Police identify man found dead at Rogue Valley Country Club
- Medford Rogues Baseball Club
- Police Identify Man Found Dead in Downtown Medford
- Rogue Valley Health Fair Comes to Medford
- UPDATE: Body Found Near Valley of the Rogue Now Identified
- UPDATE: Authorities Identify Jet Skier Found Dead in Rogue River
- Expect TSA delays at Rogue Valley International-Medford Airport
- Rogue Valley Boys & Girls Clubs Offer Summer Activities for Kids
- Rogue Valley Mental Health Support
- Rogue Valley Expressway now open