EAGLE POINT, Ore —
UPDATE: Missing Eagle Point girl Tabatha Clancy-Wood has been located safe in Arizona, according to detectives with the Jackson County Sheriff's Office (JCSO).
Police found Tabatha with her mother, Kelly Clancy, at a shelter in Phoenix. Officers arrested Kelley on a warrant for "custodial interference" after she relocated with her daughter in defiance of a custody decision that went in the favor of father Adrian Wood.
"Details regarding extradition are not yet available," JCSO said in a statement.
Wood has reportedly traveled to Phoenix and will meet with child welfare authorities on Friday morning — soon to be reunited with Tabatha.
(Updated 11/16/18 at 10:20 a.m.)
INITIAL REPORT: The Jackson County Sheriff's office is asking for help locating an 8 year old girl.
Detectives say Tabatha Clancy-Wood is likely with her mother Kelly Marie Clancy. Clancy reportedly left the area in August during a custody dispute.
The child's father contacted Eagle Point Police over the summer to report custody issues.
On October 26th a judge ordered that Tabatha be returned to her father for full custody. However Tabatha is no where to be found.
Tabatha is now listed as a missing or endangered person.
Tabatha and her mother Kelly were last seen at an apartment complex in Eagle Point in mid to late August. They were set to travel to an amusement park in southern California. Kelly left her cellphone behind.
Kelly was last seen driving a white Saturn sedan with Oregon licence plate 659DRB.
If you have any information on the whereabouts of Tabatha you are asked to call the Jackson County Sheriff's Office Tip Line at (541) 774-8333.
- Missing Eagle Point Girl Found in Arizona
- Missing Central Point Girls Found, Returned Home Safely
- Mail Theft in Eagle Point Sparks Investigation
- Local Students Help Clean Up Eagle Point
- Eagle Point Shooting Victim's Mother Speaks Out
- Fire Engulfs Eagle Point Barn Behind Restaurant
- Eagle Point Senior Prepares for State Competition
- UPDATE: Police Identify Driver of Vehicle in Crash that Killed Eagle Point Girls
- Eagle Point Police Chief Retires, Interim Chief Appointed
- UPDATE: Crash Cleared on Highway 62 Near Eagle Point