GRANTS PASS, Ore. – Deputies from the Josephine County Sheriff’s Office responded to the 1400 block of Pinecrest Drive in Josephine County around 5p.m. yesterday, after someone called 911 to report finding what they believed was a pipe bomb.
A sealed 6” metal pipe, which resembled an explosive device was found. Deputies secured the area and closed the roadway.
After confirming the description of the device and its location on the roadway, the Oregon State Police Bomb Squad was contacted and responded to the scene.
The Oregon State Police Bomb Squad determined it was not an explosive device and posed no danger to the public.
The Josephine County Sheriff’s Office requests the public to call 911 immediately if you find any item you suspect might be an explosive device.
- Pipe Bomb Scare
- Man Arrested for Detonating Pipe Bomb Behind Fred Meyers
- Suspects Arrested for Pipe Bomb in Cave Junction Park
- Suspect in Custody in Connection with Mailing of Pipe Bombs
- Bomb scare at Montana school turns out to be false alarm
- Man Who Made, Detonated Pipe Bomb Gets 5 Years in Prison
- UPDATE: Sheriff says Motorcycle Thief Caught With a Gun and Pipe Bomb
- A Florida woman made dozens of pipe bombs and intended to hurt people, sheriff says
- Tips For Winterizing Your Pipes
- Pipe bomb suspect writes to judge that the 16 devices he mailed were only meant for intimidation