PHOENIX, Ore. -- A search is underway for a man who robbed a shopping plaza in Phoenix. Police say the suspect took the scenic route into the shops, through the ceiling.
NewsWatch12's Cassidy Delamarter tells us how the night didn't go as planned for the suspect.
Right now, the Phoenix Police Department is trying to figure out who spent their Monday morning trying to break into The Shoppes at Exit 24.
Police say the suspect tried to break into an office in the plaza before the sun around 5 a.m. Businesses were still closed, so the suspect climbed onto the roof and entered the building through what police are callling an "unlocked roof cover". He climbed down inside the roof, walked a little ways and ended up falling through the ceiling at Beauty Bizz.
Police say they don't know where the suspect was hoping to land, in this hair salon or next door at a dispensary, but he left on foot with $75-dollars.
Right now they're gathering all the survelliance video they can, this video can be seen in the above video. Officers are asking the public in the area to come forward if they know anything about the crime or if they saw a man in this area wearing a big coat with his face covered this week.
If you have any information, call the Phoenix Police Department at (541) 535-1113. The case number is below.
Case number: 19-4913
Location: beauty bizz
Reported Date: 12/02/2019
- Robbery suspect fell through the roof in Phoenix shopping plaza
- Phoenix Police Search For Car Theft Suspect
- Phoenix police searching for theft suspect
- Medford Robbery Suspect Arrested
- Phoenix City Manager Announces Resignation
- Phoenix Considering Chronic Nuisance Ordinance
- Police arrest suspect in recent Phoenix tire slashing spree
- Providence Holds Open House For New Plaza
- Phoenix-Talent $69 Million Dollar Bond Issue
- Missing Woman from Phoenix Found Dead