SELMA, Ore. -- Oregon State Police say 46-year-old Frank Norman Chambers of Selma died during an altercation Saturday morning.
Around 9:18 a.m., the Josephine County Sheriff's Office responded to a report of a stabbing in the parking lot of Rays Market. Authorities say Chambers was found dead when they arrived.
Investigators found a physical altercation occurred in the parking lot between Chambers and the suspect, 58-year-old Ramon Eduardo Rodriguez-Acosta, also from Selma.
The Josephine County Sheriff's Office requested assistance from the Central Point Oregon State Police Criminal Division.
Oregon State Police said Chambers died as a result of his injuries.
OSP said Rodriguez-Acosta is being held at the Josephine County Jail on Manslaughter in the first degree.
Oregon State Police said one person was fatally stabbed at Rays Food Place Saturday.
A person of interest has been detained, according to OSP.
OSP said Josephine County Sheriff's Deputies responded to the call and requested OSP Major Crimes to investigate.
NewsWatch 12 is working to gather more information. The investigation is ongoing.
- UPDATE: Victim Identified in Fatal Stabbing in Selma
- Suspect in Selma Stabbing Charged With Manslaughter
- Shooting Investigation Underway Near Selma
- Police Identify Body Found on Trail Near Selma
- UPDATE: Victim Identified in Fatal Grants Pass Crash
- UPDATE: Police Identify Victims in Fatal Crash on Highway 199
- Fire Crews Save Home in Selma Fire
- UPDATE: Dayton victims and gunman identified
- Victim Identified in Fatal Crash Between Amtrak Train and Vehicle
- UPDATE: Driver Identified in Fatal I-5 Crash South of Medford