CHEMULT, Ore. — A pedestrian was struck and killed by a driver while walking on Highway 97 near Chemult on Wednesday night, according to Oregon State Police (OSP).
Troopers and emergency personnel responded to a report of the crash near milepost 204 just after 11 p.m. on Wednesday night.
Investigators believe that 22-year-old Caleb Robichaud of Spokane, Washington was driving his Hyundai Sonata northbound on Hwy 97. Meanwhile, 37-year-old David Ralphs-Thomason of Portland was on foot in the same lane — although OSP did not clarify whether the man was just walking in the lane or attempting to cross.
OSP said that Robichaud struck Ralphs-Thomason, who "sustained fatal injuries" and was pronounced dead at the scene.
- Pedestrian Killed in Klamath County Crash on Hwy 97
- UPDATE: All Lanes Back Open on Hwy 97 in Klamath Falls After Fire
- Crash on Highway 97 in Chiloquin leaves pedestrian dead
- Man killed in Klamath County crash
- UPDATE: Crash on Highway 97 North of Klamath Falls Kills One Driver
- Driver dies in head on crash on Highway 97 in Klamath County
- Two locals killed in Douglas County crash on Hwy 138E
- Sheriff: Passenger killed in Klamath County rollover DUII crash
- Klamath Falls Police Investigate Shooting on Hwy 66
- Pedestrian Killed in Crash Along Highway 99 in Jackson County