JACKSON COUNTY, Ore. — A Washington woman is dead after being struck by a pickup truck on Highway 99 near milepost 4.5 in Jackson County, according to Oregon State Police (OSP).
Troopers and emergency personnel responded to the scene just before 8:45 p.m. on Wednsday night after receiving a report that a vehicle had struck a pedestrian.
Investigators believe that 33-year-old Jordan Abbasi of Missouri City, Texas was driving northbound on Hwy 99 when he hit a woman in the roadway.
The pedestrian, later identified as 52-year-old Bonnie Weyburn of Vancouver, Washington, was taken to the hospital but would die from her injuries.
Abbasi was not injured in the crash, and OSP said that he has been cooperating with the investigation.
- Pedestrian Killed in Crash Along Highway 99 in Jackson County
- Pedestrian struck by car on highway 99 in Phoenix
- Crash on Highway 99 in Phoenix causing traffic backups
- Reckless driving leads to fatal crash on Highway 99
- Rollover crash along Highway 99 in Medford causes major delays
- Pedestrian Killed in Klamath County Crash on Hwy 97
- Crash on Highway 97 in Chiloquin leaves pedestrian dead
- One Person Killed in Curry County Crash On Highway 101
- Crash on Highway 199
- Jackson County Sees Two Halloween Rollover Crashes