MEDFORD, Ore. -- The pedestrian hit by a car Tuesday morning on South Central Avenue in Medford has been identified.
Medford Police said the victim is 63-year-old Richard Bengston.
"It happened at about 7:26am. We have some video that we're looking at and it shows that it was limited lighting. It was twilight. It was still foggy out, so visibility was reduced," said Sergeant Don Lane with the Medford Police Department.
Police said investigators determined Bengston was crossing South Central Avenue when he was struck by a white, 2011 Honda CRV. Police said the driver was a 25 year old Central Point man, remained on scene and was cooperative with the investigation. Several witnesses have also been interviewed. The driver has not been charged and investigators do not believe driver impairment contributed to the crash. This case will be reviewed by the Jackson County District Attorney's Office.
The Medford Police Department was assisted by the Jackson County Sheriff's Department, the Jackson County Medical Examiner's Office and the Jackson County District Attorney's Office.
MEDFORD, Ore. -- Officials tell us that S. Central Ave at E. 12th Street in Medford is closed right now and will be closed until further notice because of a fatal car accident involving a pedestrian.
This is a breaking news story, and we will be following developments throughout the day. Check back here for the latest information.
- Pedestrian Hit By Car in Fatal Accident Identified
- Woman Identified In Pedestrian vs. Car Fatal Accident
- Police Identify Pedestrian Struck and Killed by Semi on I-5
- UPDATE: Cyclist Hit By Semi Identified
- Final Accident Report Released in Fatal Brookings Plane Crash
- UPDATE: Victim Identified in Fatal Grants Pass Crash
- UPDATE: Victim Identified in Fatal Stabbing in Selma
- UPDATE: Police Identify Victims in Fatal Crash on Highway 199
- Victim Identified in Fatal Crash Between Amtrak Train and Vehicle
- UPDATE: Driver Identified in Fatal I-5 Crash South of Medford