SUTHERLAND SPRINGS, Texas (AP) - The Latest on the Texas church shooting (all times local):
The pastor of a small-town Texas church that was the site of a massacre plans to demolish the building.
Pastor Frank Pomeroy told leaders of the Southern Baptist Convention that it would be too painful to continue using First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs as a place of worship. A national Southern Baptist Convention spokesman said Pomeroy discussed the plan this week with the denomination's top executives who had traveled to the community in a show of support.
The spokesman, Sing Oldham, said Pomeroy expressed hope he could turn the site into a memorial for the more than two dozen people who were killed last Sunday and build a new church on property the church owns.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
11/9/2017 9:02:36 AM (GMT -8:00)
- Pastor Plans to Demolish Building After Texas Church Shooting
- UPDATE: Officials Say Texas Church Shooting Suspect Had Three Gun Shot Wounds
- Two Men in Truck Chase Down Texas Church Shooter
- Crews Demolish East Grandstand at Historic Hayward Field
- City of Phoenix Plans To Upgrade North Church Street
- Texas Town Holds First Service Since Mass Shooting
- Multiple Fatalities Reported at Texas High School Shooting
- Medford Church Expansion Approved
- Former Youth Pastor Sentenced to Over 15 Years in Prison
- Medford Church Looks To Expand