MEDFORD, Ore-- Right now, The Rescue Ranch is hoping six dogs, twenty-two cats and a plethora of other small animals find a loving family to go home to today.
Some of the animals have been at shelters in Paradise since before the Camp Fire. The Rescue Ranch says the town is busy trying to rebuild their lives. Many of them can't afford to take on another pet. One of the board members hopes people in the Rogue Valley will be able to.
"We think it's important to get them out of that area, because there just aren't the adopters there right now or the people with the resources to adopt them." said Laura Finley a Board Member of Rescue Ranch Yreka. "The Rogue Valley is just really open to rescue and the people in the Rogue Valley are really warm and big hearted and are very sensitive to the people and the fire situation."
You can adopt any of the animals today at at the Petsmart in Medford from 10am to 4pm. If you can't adopt one of the dogs, you can help sponsor the adoption fees for someone else. If these dogs don't get adopted today, they'll try to get them fostered. If not, they go back to paradise on Sunday.
- Pets displaced from Camp Fire up for adoption in Medford
- Electrical Fire at Medford Home Claims Family Pets
- Medford Family Trying To Adopt Again After Being Scammed
- Medford Church Collects Donations for Camp Fire Victims
- Camp Fire Victims Build New Life in Medford
- Rogue Valley Firefighters Visit Pets Harmed by Camp Fire
- Overnight Fire Destroys Medford Home
- Medford Fire-Rescue Investigating Garage Fire
- Fire Crews Investigating Downtown Medford Fire
- Medford Fire-Rescue Investigating House Fire