GOLD BEACH, Ore. -- The Pacific Reef Hotel in Gold Beach has a brand new high-tech holiday light show.
Hotel Owner Gene Pranger said the fun and festive new display sets his business apart from many other hotels along the Southern Oregon Coast.
Pranger said he has been wanting to give his guests some form of light show entertainment for about ten years.
The show is called 'Illuminate The Pacific.'
The more than 150 spotlights light up the back of the hotel all the way out to the coast.
The display was designed by professional lighters and multimedia experts.
It has a 30-foot wide projection screen that displays holiday scenes.
About every ten minutes, the display comes on with holiday music and the occasional scene from 'Mama Mia.'
"When you put all of those three elements together in terms of the music, the visual elements on the screen as well as the lights, it's a brilliant and spectacular display that guests just really enjoy," Pranger said.
He said until now, there wasn't much to do in Gold Beach in the evening hours. Pranger hopes the show gives locals and tourists the holiday fun they've been wanting.
The show is open for any hotel guest to check out or anyone who buys anything from the Chowder House restaurant.
It runs every night, rain or shine, fog or clear skies from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Pranger said the technology is weather-proof.
The display will be available until Dec. 31. However, Pranger said he plans to keep a light show going year-round with different themes.
- Pacific Reef Hotel Debuts High-Tech Holiday Light Show
- Bud Light Debuts Bigger Nutrition Labels
- High-Tech Robot Adds Precision To Surgery
- Ashland Teacher Makes Jeopardy Debut
- Holiday Travel
- Pacific Power Announces Rollout of 'Smart Meters'
- Bumblebee Blues: Pacific Northwest Pollinator in Trouble
- Pacific Power Begins Installing Smart Meters
- Pacific Power Reports Power Outage in Ashland