MEDFORD, Ore--- Pacific Power is helping customers get ready for the 2019 wildfire season.
The company will be doing this through a series of open houses for customers to learn about the company's wildfire mitigation plans.
Pacific Power will be adding in new safety measures this year, which you can learn more about at the open house.
The company will also be teaching you some ways that you can manage your own property, in an effort to help wildfires get knocked down quickly.
Some examples of those wildfire prevention actions, (provided by Pacific Power) are listed below.
- Create a defensible space around your home by removing burnable debris such as dried leaves, dead tree branches and stacks of firewood. Pay special attention to clearing debris beneath decks and gutters.
- Help ensure your family's safety by installing and maintaining smoke alarms and fire extinguishers in your home. Identify adequate sources of water within 1,000 feet of your home, such as a well, hydrant or swimming pool.
- Be sure firefighters can easily access your home should they need to. Keep your driveway clear.
Your opportunities to go to these events are below.
- July 9, Grants Pass, Taprock Event Center, 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- July 11, Medford, Ramada Hotel & Conference Center, 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
You can also review Pacific Power's updated, educational website here.