GOLD HILL, Ore. --
UPDATE: According to Pacific Power, the outage was caused by an "equipment failure." All power was restored at 10:08 A.M.
(Updated 12/6/18 at 10:41 a.m.)
UPDATE: The Pacific Power website no longer displays significant outages, but we are awaiting confirmation that the problem is resolved — plus an idea of what caused the issue.
(Updated 12/6/18 at 10:27 a.m.)
UPDATE: The outage is now affecting 443 customers. According to Pacific Power, a majority of the outages are in the Gold Hill area.
Crews are investigating.
(Updated 12/06/18 at 10:06 a.m.)
INITIAL REPORT: Pacific Power is investigating a power outage in Gold Hill.
The outage was first reported at 6:18 A.M. and is affecting 2,036 customers.
This is a developing story.
Crew responding to outage impacting 2,036 customers in Central Point & Gold Hill. The cause is under investigation and we are working to restore your service as soon as possible. To report an outage, text OUT to 722797, call 1-877-508-5088 or visit https://t.co/NsT494jHsK
— Pacific Power OR (@PacificPower_OR) December 6, 2018
- Pacific Power Investigating Power Outage in Gold Hill
- Power Outages Affect Hundreds
- Pacific Power: Major Outage Caused by Grants Pass Substation Upgrade
- Pacific Power Announces Rollout of 'Smart Meters'
- Pacific Power Begins Installing Smart Meters
- Medford Power Outage Brings Down Traffic Lights
- Pacific Power Responds to Josephine County Smart Meter Ordinance
- UPDATE: Widespread Power Outages Reported Across Southern Oregon