JOSEPHINE COUNTY, Ore. -- A Florida woman is safe after getting stuck on Bear Camp Road Thursday night.
Sheriff Dave Daniel said the woman was following her GPS, which told her to take the route to the Oregon Coast.
The woman's car went off the road and got stuck in a foot of snow. A Forest Service Deputy was able to help her get her car back on the road and followed her back down the mountain.
"I've seen this throughout my law enforcement career even when I was with the state police back in Eastern Oregon, people going on these GPS travel routes that take them off into never, neverland," Daniel said.
Daniel said it is a good reminder for everyone to make sure they are paying attention to the signs and never fully relying on GPS.
- Out-of-Towner Rescued From Bear Camp Road
- Update: Bear Creek Greenway Fire Started At Transient Camp
- 93-Year-Old Rescued from Camp Fire by Garbageman
- OSF Auctions Bears for Charity
- Oregon Man Rescues Kitten Glued to Busy Road
- Students Participate In Bear Creek Restoration
- Smokey Bear Teaches Local Kids Fire Prevention
- Demolition Begins on Bear Creek Playground
- New Bear Creek Playground Assembly Postponed
- Volunteers Help Rescue Animals