FOREST GROVE, Ore. (AP) — Police in Oregon say a school bus with 10 children aboard crashed into a ditch, and the driver was arrested for driving under the influence.
The Washington County Sheriff’s Office near Portland says no one on the bus was hurt. The yellow bus had front-end damage from the Wednesday morning crash on a rural road 20 miles west of Portland. The children were 10 to 16 years old.
Deputies said driver Jonathan Gates, 20, appeared to be impaired and arrested him. A photo released by the sheriff’s office showed the handcuffed driver being searched by deputies.
The Forest Grove School District said the children were from local elementary, middle and high schools and that the driver had veered off the road. It wasn’t immediately clear if Gates had an attorney.
- Oregon school bus crashes, driver arrested
- Washington school bus driver faces DUI charge
- Crash Results in Vegetation Fire, Driver Arrested
- School District Says Driver Acted Correctly During Bus Incident
- Child Injured After Driver Hits School Bus in Medford
- Missing Oregon Truck Driver Found
- DUII driver crashed into Oregon State Police Patrol Car
- The Rogue Valley is in need of more school bus drivers
- Cave Junction students brought to hospital after driver rear-ends school bus
- Man Who Slashed Bus Driver's Neck Gets 7.5 Years