SALEM, Ore. — President's Day weekend is just days away, and for Oregon that means two days of free fishing, according to the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife (ODFW).
For Saturday and Sunday, February 15-16, there are no licenses, tags, or endorsements required to fish, crab, or clam anywhere in the state.
There are usually only a few free fishing weekends each year, so they tend to be a hot commodity. President's Day weekend is the first of four such fishing weekends in 2020.
Area closures, bag limits, and all other regulations still apply, according to ODFW.
- Oregon offers free fishing for President's Day weekend
- Oregon offers free fishing weekend August 17-18
- Free Fishing Weekend Announced for Fish Lake
- California's free fishing day happens this Saturday
- RVTD offering free bus rides all day
- Weekend Offer Rejected: Shutdown Enters Day 31
- Oregon Offers Free School Lunches Through the Summer Months
- Oregon Zoo Offers Free Admission to Furloughed Federal Employees
- Ocean Salmon Fishing Expanded in Oregon
- Providence Offers Free Hospice Volunteer Training