CORVALLIS, Ore.—Oregon State’s lopsided losses to their bitter rival a year ago on the hardwood were a distant memory Friday night.
The Beavers snapped a three-game losing streak to Oregon in men’s basketball with a 76-64 win at Gill Coliseum.
Led by 19 points from Tres Tinkle, 16 from Stephen Thompson Jr and 15 from Drew Eubanks, Oregon State advanced to 2-1 in Pac-12 play and dropped the Ducks to 1-2.
“I thought our focus the second half especially and the last few minutes of the first half caused them some frustration,” Beavers head coach Wayne Tinkle said. “They probably missed a handful that they normally make, but I think the guy’s intensity and focus to getting them off of the line over the course of 40 minutes really paid off.”
- Oregon State Bests Oregon to Snap Civil War Losing Streak
- Report: Oregon Ranked 'Best State to Drive' in US
- Oregon School Shooter Loses Life-Sentence Appeal
- Oregon State Representative Jodi Hack Resigns from Oregon Legislature
- Civil Air Patrol Practice Search And Rescue At Oregon Airports
- Southern Oregon Food Banks To Benefit From Trade War
- Oregon State Police Announce Interactive Map
- Net Neutrality Bill Passes Oregon State House
- Oregon State Condones Widespread Bird Harassment
- Southern Oregon Tops State in Gas Prices