Oregon ranked No. 2 on the list of Top Moving Destinations of 2018 according to the 2018 National Movers Study by United Van Lines, the nation's largest household goods mover. In 2019 more residents moved into Oregon than out of the state with nearly 64% of moves being inbound.
The study showed residents are continuing to flock to the mountains west with more than 55% of inbound moves going to mountainous regions.
Idaho, Nevada and Arizona all made the top 10. The South also saw a high number of people moving in with 53.1% of moves being inbound.
The top-10 inbound states of 2018 were:
- South Carolina
- North Carolina
- South Dakota
- District of Columbia
- Oregon Ranked #2 In Top Places To Move
- Three Southern Oregon Businesses Rank Among Top 5,000 in Nation
- Oregon ranks in the top 20 states for best community colleges
- Future of the Nation Ranked as Top Stressor for Americans
- Report: Oregon Ranked 'Best State to Drive' in US
- Report: Oregon ranks among states with biggest drug problems
- Southern Oregon Tops State in Gas Prices
- Freshmen Move In to Southern Oregon University
- A measles outbreak where you live? Study ranks US places at highest risk
- White City Ranked 6th Most Affordable City to Live in Oregon