HILLSBORO, Ore. (AP) - Authorities say a man was shot dead after exchanging gunfire with police in Oregon in a suburb west of Portland.
Hillsboro police said the shooting happened about 11:20 p.m. Saturday when they were called to a domestic disturbance.
Police said they found the man armed with a gun when they approached the home.
The man died at the scene but no other details have been released about the shooting.
Neither the man nor the officers were named.
The Washington County Major Crimes Team will investigate.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
3/11/2018 3:56:31 PM (GMT -7:00)
- Oregon Police Fatally Shoot Man During Disturbance Call
- Sheriff: Domestic Disturbance Leads to Shooting, Arrest
- Police: Man Fatally Shoots Estranged Wife, Wounds Daughter
- UPDATE: Police Identify Parties in Fatal Josephine County Shooting
- Oregon Man Accused Of Making Hoax Calls To Coast Guard
- Oregon Police Identify Man Shot by Officers During Police Chase
- Oregon's Senators Join Call for Franken's Resignation
- UPDATE: Oregon State Police Investigating Shooting Near Merlin
- Oregon Deputies Cleared for Shooting Man Who Killed Family
- Man Calls Police to Help Find His Stolen Meth