LA PINE, Ore. (AP) — A mother in La Pine has been cited for child neglect after her 2-year-old son ate homemade marijuana-infused candy police say she left unattended.
Multiple news outlets report 27-year-old Katelynn Joy on Wednesday allegedly discovered a partially eaten candy while at home but waited several hours before calling authorities.
The Deschutes County Sheriff's Office says the symptoms of the apparent THC overdose worsened during that time.
The sheriff's office says deputies and paramedics responded to the home and found the child in apparent distress. The sheriff's office says the overdose seemed life threatening by the time he was taken to a Bend hospital.
Authorities say he since has been released from the hospital and is under Department of Human Services supervision. Joy was also cited for endangering the welfare of a minor.
- Oregon Mom Cited After Toddler 'Overdoses' on Pot Candy
- Oregon preparing for possible interstate pot commerce
- Heroin Overdose Death
- Oregon Politicians Push Back Against Federal Pot Enforcement
- Oregon's Prosecutor Points to Massive Pot Overproduction Problem
- Oregon's Pot Overflow Sets Example for Other States to Avoid
- Nine Charged in Oregon for Far-Reaching Fraud, Pot Plot
- Oregon Pot Growers Now Must Notify Officials About Harvests
- Former Oregon Pot Lab Owner Files Defamation Lawsuit
- Oregon Lawmakers Revisit Worker Protections for Off-Duty Pot Use