WOOD VILLAGE, Ore. – An Oregon man is suing Burger King after he spent more than an hour stuck in the bathroom.
Curtis Brooner says it’s not because he was sick, but because the door wouldn’t open.
To make up for the incident, the restaurant offered to spring for lunch for the rest of the mans life.
However, according to the lawsuit the fast food restaurant flipped on that offer faster than they flip burgers.
According to the Brooner’s attorney, he went into the restroom to wash his hands and when he went to pull the door it wouldn’t open. He was trapped in that bathroom for over an hour.
"They gave him a fly swatter to jimmy the door open, which actually cut his hand," says Michael Fuller, Brooner’s attorney.
Court documents claim employees on the other side of the door laughed at Brooner. Finally, a locksmith arrived and was able to open the door.
During his time in the bathroom Brooner claims he was presented with an offer.
"To make things right Burger King offered him free food for the rest of his life should he come into the restaurant," explains Fuller.
For a few weeks Brooner says Burger King honored the deal. Until Fuller says a regional manager reneged the offer.
On Tuesday, they filed a lawsuit for the cost of the burgers. They estimated Brooner’s life would last 72 years which is about 5 years less than average based on his frequent consumption of cheese burgers. Fuller along with his client determined that equates to one burger a week at $7.89 over 22 years, equaling a little more than $9,000.16.
Burger King has not commented on the lawsuit.
- Oregon Man Sues Burger King After He Spent Over An Hour In The Bathroom
- Burger King creates 'nightmare' green sandwich for Halloween
- Oregon Mom, Son Drop Lawsuit Over Transgender Bathroom Use
- Burger Joints from Memory Lane
- Oregon Sues OxyContin Maker, Alleging Racketeering
- Report: California spent $1.8M on harassment inquiries
- Two girls are petitioning McDonald's and Burger King to scrap plastic toys in kids' meals
- Unsolved: Cindy King (1977)
- Oregon Hiker Dies after Falling Off Mount Storm King
- UPDATE: Body Found in Brush Hours After Oregon Rollover Crash