AURORA, Neb. (AP) - Authorities say an Oregon man has died after an accident on Interstate 80 in east-central Nebraska.
The accident occurred around 6:55 a.m. Friday near Aurora. Hamilton County Attorney Michael Powell says 24-year-old Mohamed Madey was headed east when he lost control of his vehicle. It ran into the median and rolled, ending up on the north side of the westbound lanes. Investigators suspect Madey had fallen asleep at the wheel.
Powell says Madey was pronounced dead at the scene. Madey lived in Beaverton, Oregon.
- Oregon Man Killed in Eastern Nebraska Crash
- High-Speed Chase Through Eastern Oregon Ends in Fiery Crash
- Oregon Man Killed In Utah Crash
- Results Appearing in Nebraska, Pennsylvania Primaries
- Nebraska Executes Inmate Using Powerful Opioid Fentanyl
- Eastern Oregon May Be Home to Renewable Energy Project
- Wimer Man Killed in Motorcycle Crash
- Nebraska Troopers Seize 300lbs of Marijuana in Traffic Stop
- Two Ranchers in Eastern Oregon to Try New Strategy with Wolves
- Police: Man Executed in Texas in 1999 Killed Oregon Woman