TAYLORSVILLE, Utah (AP) - Authorities say an Oregon man is dead and four of his family members from Westfir are injured after a rollover crash in Utah.
Utah Highway Patrol troopers believe the family's mother fell asleep at the wheel, causing the vehicle to roll into a concrete sound wall on Interstate 215 near Taylorsville about 8 a.m. Saturday.
They identified the person who died as 19-year-old Cage Patterson.
Troopers say the man was a backseat passenger and all the vehicle's occupants were wearing seat belts.
They say neither speed, impairment nor weather appear to be factors in the crash.
Authorities say Patterson's mother and father and two brothers were taken to a hospital for treatment of minor injuries.
They say the five were headed to Cottonwood Heights to visit family for the holidays.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Oregon Man Killed In Utah Crash
- Oregon Man Killed in Eastern Nebraska Crash
- Wimer Man Killed in Motorcycle Crash
- Oregon Man Pleads Guilty to 2016 Killing of Girlfriend
- Medford Man Dies in Rollover Crash in Northeast Oregon
- Sheriff: Oregon Hiker Likely Killed by Cougar
- Klamath Falls Man Killed In Single-Car Crash
- UPDATE: Deputies Identify Central Point Man Killed in Rollover Crash
- Grants Pass Man Killed in Douglas County Crash
- Medford Man Killed in Wasco County Head-On Crash