The Oregon Office of State Fire Marshal, through the Emergency Management Assistance Compact, has activated its Agency Operations Center and one strike team and one task force with equipment and personnel who are enroute to assist with the Mendocino Complex Fire in California.
California fire officials submitted a request asking for assistance yesterday evening from Oregon. The OSFM activated its emergency mobilization plan, sending out the request for assistance to all Oregon fire agencies.
California made the request through the Emergency Management Assistance Compact a national state-to-state mutual aid system. The EMAC request is sent directly to Oregon Emergency Management who contact and coordinate with the appropriate Oregon agency to fulfill the requests.
- Oregon Firefighters Headed To California's Mendocino Complex
- Oregon firefighter strike teams begin work on California fire lines
- 8,000 Firefighters Protect California Communities
- Oregon Fire Fighters and Equipment head to Southern California
- Fire Officials: End of Garner Complex Firefight 'In Sight'
- California firefighters are heading to Australia to battle deadly brushfires on the ground
- California firefighters rescue a puppy that got its head stuck in a wheel
- Firefighter Working Huge California Fire Dies
- Insurance firms dispatch private firefighters in California
- Firefighters Battle Multiple Northern California Wildfires