MEDFORD, Ore -- The last day to file your taxes is April 15th which gives you a little less than a month.
The Teresa McCormick Center and the United Way of Jackson County have partnered together with Vita.
Vita is a program that offers discounted tax filing for households that makes $55,000 or less.
The Teresa McCormick Center offers free volunteer income tax assistance.
"The big thing is that it’s really expensive to get your taxes prepared and it’s scary,” Said TMC Program Director, Ashley Hughes.
One volunteer makes it a lot easier on people. Harry Roberts has been filing taxes for 15 years. Before filing taxes he worked as a chemical engineer for 32 years.
"Which practically doesn't exist because chemical photography doesn't exist anymore,” Said Harry Roberts.
Now he is happy to file taxes for a long as he possibly can.
- One volunteer is making it a lot easier to file your taxes
- New Policies For Same-Sex Parents Make Adoption Easier
- Senate Passes Bill Making it Easier to Kill Sea Lions
- IRS deadline for filing taxes looms
- Volunteers help make Season for Sharing possible
- Dad Makes Sons Caught Shoplifting Clean Store's Parking Lot
- Salvation Army Volunteer: "It's nice to make a difference"
- Volunteers Help Make Coats for Kids Run Smoothly
- Volunteers Help Rescue Animals
- Volunteers Needed For Trail Maintenance