BEATTY, Ore. -- The Klamath County District Attorney's Office said on Saturday morning just before 4AM, Klamath County Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to a call of an assault in progress at a home near Beatty in Klamath County. When officer’s arrived, the adult son of the assault victim went into a nearby building and refused to cooperate with the investigation. Deputies then contacted a mental health crisis counselor who went to the home.
Nearly 4 hours later, just before 8AM, investigators said deputies requested that an ambulance be dispatched to the area, shots had been fired, the suspect needed medical attention, and all deputies were uninjured. It was soon determined that 33-year-old Mark Farrell was dead.
Investigators said the initial investigation revealed the subject approached the deputies with a weapon and lethal force was used.
The Klamath County Major Crime Team was activated and the Oregon State Police is the lead investigating agency per established protocol.
Two involved Sheriff’s Office deputies will be placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation.
This is a developing story. As soon as NewsWatch 12 gets any new information, we will be sure to update you.
- One Man Dead After Officer Involved Shooting in Klamath County
- Officer Involved Shooting in Klamath Falls
- Klamath Co. District Attorney: Officer-Involved Shooting Justified
- Sheriff's Office Seeks Missing Klamath County Man
- Police: Man Killed in Klamath Officer-Involved Shooting Had a Gun
- Investigation is Underway after an Officer Involved Shooting in Klamath Falls
- Klamath County Man Convicted on Felony Charges
- Officer-Involved Shooting in Cave Junction
- Autopsy Report from Officer Involved Shooting
- Officer-Involved Shooting In Downtown Portland