UPDATE: The victims have been identified as 64 year old Kevin Matthews and 55 year old Helen Matthews, both from Grants Pass.
Kevin Matthews was deceased at the scene and Helen Matthews was transported to Three Rivers Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries, where she was treated and released.
An additional charge of Assault in the Fourth Degree was added to Winn, who remains lodged at the Josephine County Jail.
(Updated as of 10 a.m. on Monday, April 23)
WOLF CREEK, Ore. -- Oregon State Police say one man is dead and another in custody after a stabbing in Wolf Creek.
On April 20, 2018 at approximately 9:15 p.m., Oregon State Police responded to a reported fatal stabbing in the Wolf Creek area of Jospehine County.
Law enforcement say they responded and found the suspect, 32-year-old Kyle L. Winn, had barricaded himself in a nearby residence. Police say the SWAT team responded to area. Police say Winn was taken into custody, without incident, at 3:00 a.m.
OSP says the victim was an adult male who Winn had just met on April 20, 2018.
His name is not released at this time. The case is still under investigation.
Police say Winn was lodged at the Jospehine County Jail for Murder and a outstanding felony warrant for probation violation.
Oregon State Police was assisted from Grants Pass Department of Public Safety.
- UPDATE: One Dead After Stabbing in Wolf Creek
- UPDATE: All Lanes Back Open After Crash Near Wolf Creek
- UPDATE: Funeral Procession and Memorial Planned for Wolf Creek Firefighter
- Third Federally Protected Gray Wolf Found Dead
- Man Pulled From Burning Trailer in Wolf Creek
- Butte Creek Mill Construction Updates
- 23 Dead Sheep Found in Curry County, 'Probable' Wolf Kills
- Burning truck 'carrying cantaloupe' causes I-5 lane closures near Wolf Creek
- Police arrest man suspected in reckless driving crash that killed Wolf Creek firefighter's wife
- Sheriff: Missing Douglas County man may be in Wolf Creek area