ASHLAND, Ore-- An electric kettle is doing more than providing a hot cup of tea. It's how one family in Ashland is showering and cleaning.
Jayden Bass-Gouge says, "using that to like wash your face and get as clean as possible. without a shower I guess."
It's day two of the gas outage in Ashland. Brittney Bass says, "I was told yesterday at 7."
Leaving some people without essentials like heat and hot water. Brittney Bass and her daughter Jayden's home pretty much runs all on gas.
Brittney says, "when I came home my husband was working on the drier because he thought the drier had gone out. Then I told him all of Ashland was out."
This isn't just impacting Jayden's home either. Jayden says, "both my works are closed."
The family is getting pretty creative though, using the electric kettle and finding different ways to cook food. Jayden says, "grill, yeah it's warm enough that we can grill."
Plus they are having a good laugh about it all.
If it continues for another day or two Brittney already has a plan so she can shower. She says, "then I will be going to Snap Fitness in Talent and taking a shower."
Like everyone in Ashland, they're hoping the gas is restored before too long.
- One Ashland family gets creative during gas outage
- Ashland natural gas outage over, Avista says
- Many Ashland businesses impacted by gas outage
- Avista makes new plan after gas outage in Ashland
- Pacific Power Reports Power Outage in Ashland
- Avista: Ashland natural gas outage due to partially closed valve during routine maintenance
- Ashland Water
- Avista map of estimated gas relight times in Ashland
- What a gas outage means to local business
- Natural gas outage in Jacksonville, crews working on fixing line