MEDFORD, OR -- The brand new Olsrud Family Community Playground is open. The playground is in Bear Creek Park in Medford.
The park project was a rebuild of a popular wooden playground. This time with more accommodating features.
The ribbon cutting ceremony was heavily attended yesterday morning. Parents and children eagerly awaited the chance to test out the new equipment. Kids tell us they are very exited to use the new playground within walking distance of their house.
Lilibeth and Atticus Kennedy say, "Yeah we live right down the road so we actually walked here so we're planning on coming back again later when it quiets down a little bit."
More than 1,000 volunteers worked to get the new playground built and it is now officially open.
- Olsrud Family Playground is Officially Open
- Olsrud Family Community Playground Nears Completion
- Sherm Olsrud, founder of Sherm's Markets, passes away at 95
- New Playground Equipment Stolen Days Before Opening
- Playground Pitfalls – Prevention is Key
- CraterWorks MakerSpace officially opens
- Fundraising Begins For Medford Replacement Playground
- Demolition Begins on Bear Creek Playground
- Volunteers Begin Construction on Revamped Medford Playground
- New Bear Creek Playground Assembly Postponed