CENTRAL POINT, Ore. -- On 11/21/17, at approximately 09:03 pm, Central Point Officers responded to the area of Amanda Way and Amanda Court for reports of gunshots heard in the area.
Officers found three spent shell casings in the street. One was found on the intersection of Amanda Way and Amando Court. The other two were found two blocks away. Officers say no one was injured and nothing was damaged.
"That's a very quiet neighborhood over there. We don't want that happening in our city so we're going to take it seriously even though nobody was hurt," said Detective Josh Abbott.
Officers believe the gunshots came from a moving vehicle with no identified target.
"My guess is maybe shooting in the air. Usually when you have an intended target the shell casings will be found pretty close to each other and they weren't but again it's just speculation at this point," Detective Abbott added.
Abbott said they do not have any reason to believe the shots fired in Central Point are connected to the recent drive-by shootings in Medford.
Anyone who may have been in the area and witnessed anything suspicious is asked to contact the Central Point Police Department at 541-664-5578.
Likewise, any residents of the area who may have outdoor surveillance cameras are asked to review their footage and contact the Police Department with any activity captured around the time of this incident.
Central Point Police Detectives are continuing to investigate.
- Officers Respond to Shots Fired in Central Point
- Barn Fire in Central Point Under Investigation
- Police: Dog Shot, Killed After Attacking Woman in Central Point
- Costco Relocates to Central Point
- Central Point summer meal program
- Structure Fire in Central Point Consumes Horse Barn
- Eight Structure Fires in Central Point in Two Weeks
- Central Point Grass Fire Torches Single-Wide Trailer
- Apartment Fire in Central Point Displaces Multiple Families
- RV Fire Slows Traffic on I-5 Near Central Point