11:43 A.M. UPDATE: The Jackson County Sheriff's Office has released a statement on the incident:
"WHITE CITY, Ore. -- Detectives are investigating an officer-involved shooting in White City. The incident occurred Thursday morning at the Southern Oregon Rehabilitation Center & Clinics (SORCC), a Veterans Affairs health care facility.
On January 25, 2018, at 8:29 am, VA Police dispatch called 911 for assistance after an officer involved shooting. Jackson County Sheriff's Office deputies arrived on scene within minutes.
Deputies learned VA Police were called to Building 201 after reports of a combative patient in the admissions area. An altercation ensued between the man and VA Police officers, resulting in the discharge of a firearm.
Mercy Flights transported the man to Rogue Regional Medical Center with a gunshot wound. His injuries do not appear to be life threatening. No other injuries were reported. Nearby facilities went into lock-down until deputies determined the situation posed no public threat.
The Jackson County Major Assault and Death Investigation Unit (MADIU) responded to the scene; the Jackson County Sheriff's Office is the lead agency. Personnel from the following agencies are assisting: Oregon State Police, Medford Police Department, Ashland Police Department, Jackson County District Attorney's Office.
Investigators have identified the injured subject. His name, as well as the names of the involved officers will not be released at this time.
Detectives would like to hear from anyone who saw or heard the incident at SORCC. Those who have not yet provided a statement to detectives can call the JCSO tip line at (541) 774-8333.
WHITE CITY, Ore. -- A veteran suspected of being involved in an officer-involved shooting at the White City Veterans Affairs Rehabilitation Center is injured, and was taken to the hospital.
The facility will continue to be on lockdown throughout the day.
The shooting happened at about 9:30 a.m.
Investigators say they do not know a motive yet. The Jackson County Sheriff's Office is leading the investigation.
This is a developing story. We have a reporter on scene, and will update this story with new information as we get it.
- UPDATE: White City VA on Lockdown After Officer-Involved Shooting
- Grand Jury Says Officer-Involved Shooting At VA Justified
- UPDATE: Officer-Involved Shooting on Garfield Street in Medford
- UPDATE: Jackson County Sheriff's Office Issues Statement on V.A. Incident
- Officer Involved Shooting in Klamath Falls
- Officer-Involved Shooting in Cave Junction
- Autopsy Report from Officer Involved Shooting
- Officer-Involved Shooting In Downtown Portland
- UPDATE: Two More Arrested In White City Home Invasion Shooting
- UPDATE: Deputies Arrest Wanted White City Man