BUTTE FALLS, Ore.- The Oregon State Police Fish and Wildlife Division in Central Point is asking for the public's assistance in locating the persons responsible for the unlawful killing and waste of three black tail deer that were discovered just outside of Butte Falls.
On Saturday, November 11, 2017, the Oregon State Police investigated three black tail deer that were dumped just outside of Butte Falls. Only the heads and some meat were taken. The deer appeared to be dead only a couple of days. Currently, there is an archery deer season in this unit.
A reward is being offered by the Oregon Hunters Association through the Turn-in-Poachers (TIP) program for any information leading to an arrest in this or any other wildlife case. Callers can remain anonymous. The TIP program number is 1-800-452-7888.
Anyone with any information is encouraged to contact either the TIP hotline or by calling Oregon State Police Dispatch at 541-776-6111.
** Report Wildlife and Habitat Law Violators**
Poaching wildlife and damaging habitats affects present and future generations of wildlife, impacts communities and the economy, and creates enforcement challenges.
The Turn-In-Poachers (TIP) reward is paid for information leading to the arrest/conviction of person(s) for the illegal possession, killing, taking, and/or waste of deer, elk, antelope, bear, cougar, wolf, bighorn sheep, mountain goat, moose, furbearers and/or game birds.
TIP rewards can also be given for the illegal taking, netting, snagging, and/or dynamiting of salmon, steelhead, sturgeon, and/or large numbers of any fish listed in Oregon statute as a game fish.
* $1,000 Bighorn Sheep, Mountain Goat and Moose
* $500 Elk, Deer and Antelope
* $300 Bear, Cougar and Wolf
* $300 Habitat Destruction
* $100 Game Fish and Shellfish
* $100 Upland Birds and Waterfowl
* $100 Furbearers
How to Report a Wildlife and/or Habitat Law Violation or Suspicious Activity:
TIP Hotline: 1-800-452-7888 (24/7)
TIP E-Mail: TIP@state.or.us (Monitored M-F 8:00AM - 5:00PM)
- OSP: Three Black Tail Deer Killed Unlawfully
- OSP Investigates Shooting and Kidnapping
- Oh Deer!
- OSP Confirms Shots Fired In Cave Junction
- OSP Investigating Fatal Crash in Grants Pass
- OSP: One child killed after fatal two-vehicle crash on Hwy. 140
- OSP Fish & Wildlife Officers Looking For Suspect Responsible For Killing Bald Eagle
- How to Contact OSP if it isn't an Emergency
- OSP Introduces Easy-To-Use Non-Emergency Line