MEDFORD, Ore. -- The Highway 62 contruction project is hitting a milestone on Friday morning. Westbound Highway 62, betweeen Delta Waters Road and Poplar Drive will be rerouted onto the newly constructed bridge.
And for drivers merging onto westbound 62 from Biddle road, in front of the Comfort Inn, there will be another significat traffic change starting Friday morning. Until now, drivers have had their own lane so there was no stopping or yielding to get onto 62. But starting Friday morning, that lane will become a shared lane so drivers will need to be cautious of other cars driving west on Highway 62.
The Highway 62 expressway construction is past the halfway point and this change will allow for crews to dig up the current westbound lanes of Highway 62. The project originally started back in may of 2016 and will end up costing around 120 million dollars.
Below is a look at what the entire bypass project is expected to look like when it's complete.
- New Traffic Flow on Highway 62 in Medford
- Update: Highway 62 Expressway Construction
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Two Vehicle Crash Blocking Lane on Highway 62
- Highway 62 Expressway Over Halfway Done
- Expect Delays on Highway 62 Starting Tonight
- UPDATE: Crash Cleared on Highway 62 Near Eagle Point
- Highway 62 Paving Monday evening for Shady Cove residents
- Medford Power Outage Brings Down Traffic Lights
- UPDATE: Lanes Back Open on Highway 62 After Semi-Truck Fire
- 21 Homes Destroyed by Hawaii Lava Flows