REGIONAL-- Pacific Power customers will soon get a new option to opt-out of smart meters. The utility wants to offer new fee options.
The Oregon Public Utility Commission reviewed those options on Friday. The current fee adds $36 a month for meter reading.
Pacific Power is suggests reducing the number of meter reads per year and reducing the monthly cost. The commission is suggesting Pacific Power check meters three times a year. It would charge $9 for each reading.
The plan still needs final approval by the commission. That should happen early next week. Opt-out customers will be contacted by Pacific Power when the new option is available to them.
- New Option for Smart Meter Opt-Outs
- Pacific Power Will Install Free Smart Meters, Opting Out Will Cost You
- Pacific Power offers new opt-out plan to counter smart meter concerns
- Pacific Power Announces Rollout of 'Smart Meters'
- Pacific Power Begins Installing Smart Meters
- Josephine County Considers New Smart Meter Ordinance
- Josephine County Commissioners Adopt Smart Meter Ordinance
- Concerned Talent Citizens Say New Smart Meters are Unhealthy