OREGON-- People are very familiar with deliveries. From pizza to flowers you can get almost anything delivered. Starting today add cannabis to that list for medical patients.
Stacey Gilbert a budtender at Emerald Triangle says "We've been delivering for about a year."
While delivering cannabis is not a whole new idea. It creates new guidelines for dispensaries like Emerald Triangle.
Gilbert says "But it's our interpretation that these rule changes will now allow us to deliver outside of the Medford city limits if you are a medical patient."
So that means if you are a medical patient and live in Grants Pass or Klamath Falls, dispensaries like this one can deliver to you now.
Gilbert says "In that year, we've just encountered there are so many reasons that people need a delivery. Soldiers with PTSD, or moms with small kids who can't bring them in the shop or people who don't have a vehicle are elderly and disabled. There are just so many reason people need us to provide it to them in their home."
One of the other new rule changes is the amount of cannabis a medical patient can buy. Before it was only one ounce. Now they can buy 8 ounces.
Off camera Newswatch 12 spoke to a couple medical patients that are thrilled about the new OLCC changes. They told me sometimes they are just not able to drive and they feel that their needs are finally being met.
With legal cannabis still being fairly new, rules will continue to change and morph.
- New OLCC Rules for Cannabis
- OLCC Adds New Rule for Harvesting Cannabis
- OLCC Finds Some Marijuana Retailers Selling To Minors
- Exporting Oregon's cannabis
- Coca-Cannabis? Coke Analyzing Cannabis in Wellness Drink
- New Regulations for Cannabis Production
- FDA Approves Cannabis Based Drug
- Cannabis Industry Leaders Talk About Future
- Senate rejects cannabis supply management plan
- Marijuana Activists: Oregon Can Lead Nation in Cannabis Industry