MEDFORD, Ore--- In two years Medford will have a new outpatient cancer center. It's a 64 million dollar center by Asante.
Every year 2,000 people are diagnosed with cancer in Jackson and Josephine County. Asante is building a new cancer center to help threat them.
Those cancer patients have lists of appointments to go to and treatments to get done. Asante says right now its cancer patients have to go to several places to get all the treatment they need. "They really have to go through a maze of different buildings, and different programs. We offer a lot of the great services that people expect, but going to one stop shopping will be a big advantage for people." said Scott Kelly. He is the CEO and President of Asante.
From lab tests and radiation to chemo. Kelly says this center makes it much easier for patients. "They will be able to stay right here in Southern Oregon and that's really important with something like cancer that effects the entire family." said Kelly.
The new center will be off of East Barnett Road and right down the street from the Asante campus. "We've heard from the community for a long time that it would be really nice if we had a regional cancer center." said Kelly.
Tuesday NewsWatch 12 learned from Asante that the number of people diagnosed with cancer will increase by 20 percent over the next 10 years. Kelly says having a new center will allow more opportunities for patients to see their doctor and that's important when it comes to someone you love with cancer. "We all know someone who has been effected by cancer one way or another." said Kelly.
- New 64 million dollar outpatient cancer center coming to Medford
- Upgrades Coming to Medford Center
- New Surgery Center Coming To Medford
- Cracker Barrel Coming To Medford
- New Restaurants Coming To Medford
- Phoenix-Talent $69 Million Dollar Bond Issue
- Mega Millions Climbs to 1.6 Billion Dollars
- Ashland School District Gets 109 Million Dollars
- Providence Medford Offers Free Lung Cancer Screenings
- Medford plans $100 million 'Mega Corridor'