CENTRAL POINT, Ore.- Neighbors living on Greenleaf Lane say it's a safe block. But for the first time in 18 years, Silvia Gutierrez is afraid.
Silvia Gutierrez says, "We've never had any kind of incident at all take place and right now I'm feeling like it's a little I'm a little afraid but you know we'll see."
Silvia Gutierrez runs a daycare program right next to the home where three men roughed up and duct taped her new neighbor. She tells NewsWatch12 she met the engaged couple last night for the first time and they seemed like nice people.
When she heard one of them was tied up and held at gunpoint hours after their conversation, she was shocked.
Silvia Gutierrez says, "We never got that something like that would happen and when I got home we just thought that maybe there had been some kind of a dispute but nothing really like this."
Her son Franky was home alone with their front door unlocked while the armed robbery was happening just feet away. He tells NewsWatch12 he found out about the crime from his friend on snapchat.
Franky Gutierrez says, "He said aye yo bro there's cops outside your house it's crazy like there's like six of them and I'm like what my house have a daycare in my house there's no cops here."
When Central Point Police got to Greenleaf Lane, they asked Franky if he recognized the three men that went into his neighbor's home. He says he didn't even hear the crime happen.
Franky Gutierrez says, "I got outside and it's the neighbors and I guess there was like a robbery or something and I was like that's crazy because I've never heard about a thing."
- Neighbors Shocked at Gun Point Robbery
- Suspects Identified in Central Point Armed Robbery
- Central Point Police Investigate Armed Robbery of Taxi Cab Driver
- Police: Man Arrested for Baskin Robbins Knife-point Robbery
- Three Arrested after Armed Robbery of a Vehicle in Central Point
- Medford Robbery Suspect Arrested
- Client Shocked By Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Chiropractor
- Costco Relocates to Central Point
- Neighbor Reacts To Daycare Worker Arrest
- Neighbors Help Knock Down Sterling Creek Fire