ROGUE RIVER, Ore. — One person is dead after a near head-on crash in Jackson County. This happened off East Evans Creek Road, 3-4 miles from the town of Rogue River, according to the Jackson County Sheriff's Office (JCSO).
A JCSO deputy says the crash involved a Pacific Power service truck and an SUV. The crash happened around 3:00 Sunday afternoon.
The driver of the SUV drifted across the center line and hit the Pacific Power truck, according to investigation from the JCSO. The driver of the SUV died in the crash, but the Pacific Power driver was unharmed. Both vehicles went off the road and down an embankment, into a farmer's field.
Deputies say alcohol and drugs are not a factor in this crash. Investigators think that the driver of the SUV may have suffered a medical event that caused him to swerve over the center line, however the investigation is ongoing.
This stretch of East Evans Creek Road is not particularly dangerous, according to the JCSO, however the shoulders are very narrow. In a situation like this one, where one driver drifts into the opposite lane, other drivers have nowhere to go.
The location of the accident is not far from where 13-year-old Meadow Boyd was struck and killed by an unaware motorist in November. The driver did not face any charges for the incident, as he claims that he never saw Boyd.
- UPDATE: Near Head-On Crash Kills Driver in Rogue River
- Driver Strikes and Kills Pedestrian in Rogue River
- Truck drifting in Rogue River
- Driver Cleared of Criminal Charges in Rogue River Pedestrian Death
- Alleged Drunk Driver Causes Rogue River Power Outage
- UPDATE: Authorities Identify Jet Skier Found Dead in Rogue River
- UPDATE: Woman missing near Rogue River has been found safe
- Woman Killed in Memorial Day Rogue River Rafting Accident
- Driver OK After Crashing Into Illinois River
- Driver Crashes Into Rogue Credit Union in Eagle Point