SALEM, Ore. — Oregon's Secretary of State Dennis Richardson heralded the arrival of National Voter Registration day on Tuesday, using the opportunity to advance a campaign for renewing inactive voters. September 25 also marks the rush toward Election Day — just six weeks away on November 6.
The deadline for registering to vote or updating inactive registration is approaching even more quickly — with the deadline on October 16, the 21st day before the election. Oregonians can easily register to vote online, here.
The push from Richardson's office features a new PSA video, starring Anthony Sadler and Spencer Stone — best known for stopping a terrorist attack on the 15:17 train to Paris in 2015 [watch the video below].
“We’ve been called heroes for what we did that day, but what we really want to be known for is helping others when they need it,” said Stone in the video.
“And that’s something we can all do,” adds Sadler before encouraging Oregonians to register to vote and participate in the upcoming November General Election.
In Southern Oregon and Siskiyou County, the latest data on registered voters shows a marked advantage for registered Republicans over Democrats — but a large potential voting bloc that could prove pivotal in the coming election belongs to Non-Affiliated and Other voters, accounting for enough local voters to rival either major party:
Voters classified as Other belong to any number of "third" parties — including Libertarian, Independent, Progressive, and Working Families. Non-Affiliated voters have not identified as any particular party on their registration, whether as an intentional choice or not.
- 'National Voter Registration Day' Marks Six Weeks Until Election Day
- Voter Registration For May Primary Election Ends Tonight
- Report: Millennial Voter Registration in Oregon Soars
- It's National Waffle Day!
- It's National Pumpkin Day!
- Election Day Is Just A Day Away
- Voter registration reportedly spikes after Taylor Swift post
- Special Election Voter Pamphlets To Arrive Next Week
- It's Wright Brothers Day, marking first successful powered flights
- YOUR PHOTOS: National Love Your Pet Day!