NEAR YREKA, Cal.-- A three-vehicle crash on Old Highway 99 near Yreka Thursday evening sent multiple people to the hospital. The collision happened around five in the evening. Multiple agencies responded to the scene, including Mercy Flights helicopters.
Some of the passengers had to be extricated using the jaws of life.
NewsWatch 12 spoke to one of the drivers who was involved in that wreck.
She says two cars hit head-on and one of those cars rolled over into hers.
Brenna Owens says, "I was driving home, and as we took a sweeping corner another car ended up in our lane and those two cars hit head on, and the car in front of me rolled and collided with the front of my pickup, I'm glad I had the vehicle I did because if I had a smaller car, it probably would have been a lot worse.”
Owens says the cars were all traveling about 50 miles per hour at the time of the crash.
She says she's okay after the accident but all three cars involved were totaled.
Some of the people involved in the crash were flown to Rogue Valley Medical Center and Fairchild Medical Center.
- Multiple People Sent To Hospital After Three-Vehicle Crash Near Yreka
- Yreka Man Dead After Crash with Woman Driving Stolen Vehicle
- Yreka Man Arrested after Stabbing Man Multiple Times
- Three People Taken To Hospital Following Multi-Vehicle Crash
- Yreka Police investigate child abuse after 2-month-old hospitalized
- Truck Driver Killed By Passing Vehicle in I-5 Crash North of Yreka
- Yreka man charged for threatening people with a gun
- Police: Driver in Yreka fatal crash was not wearing seatbelt
- Two car crash blocks lane on I-5 northbound near Yreka
- UPDATE: Southbound Lanes Cleared After Multiple Vehicle Crash On I-5