JOSEPHINE COUNTY, Ore. --
UPDATE: Oregon State Police say Ryan Risely (26) of Lexington, KY died at the scene of the crash because of fatal injuries.
Diego Thor (37), Moei Thor (35) and a juvenile were in the other car. They are from Crescent City, CA. All three were taken to the hospital. Moei Thor was taken by air to the hospital. Their injuries are unknown at this time.
Here's what OSP says happened:
"Preliminary investigation revealed that a green Nissan Frontier, operated by Ryan Risely (26) of Lexington KY, was traveling northbound on Hwy 199 when it left the roadway and lost control. The vehicle entered the southbound lane of travel and impacted a blue Mazda 5, operated by Diego Thor (37) of Crescent City CA."
Highway 199 was closed for four and a half hours last night.
OSP was assisted by Illinois Valley Fire, AMR, Mercy Flights and the Oregon Department of Forestry.
(Updated 6/2/19 at 9:30 a.m.)
UPDATE: The Oregon Department of Transportation says all lane of U.S. 199 are open. The highway was cleared around 1:10 Sunday morning.
The crash happened just south of Selma. The highway was closed for about four hours while emergency crews worked on the crash.
This is a developing story and will be updated with the latest information as it becomes available.
(Updated 6/2/19 at 7:32 a.m.)
INITIAL REPORT: The Oregon Department of Transportation says all lanes of U.S. 199 (Redwood Highway) near milepost 21 are blocked due to a multi-vehicle crash.
ODOT says drivers should expect a lengthy closure for Oregon State Police to conduct a crash investigation.
Medics are on scene.
Drivers should expect delays.
- One person dead following multi-car crash on Redwood Highway
- Motorcyclist dies in crash on Redwood Highway
- Police investigating rollover crash on Redwood Highway
- Wildland Fire Breaks Out on Redwood Highway
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Redwood Highway is reopen
- Crash On Redwood Highway Sends One To Hospital
- Driver dies following two-vehicle crash on Redwood Highway
- Redwood Highway Blocked by Crash North of Cave Junction
- Forestry firefighters injured in crash on Redwood Highway
- Redwood Highway closed near O'Brien due to crash