SOUTHERN OREGON/ NORTHERN CALIFORNIA- Both Mt. Ashland and Mt. Shasta closed Sunday for skiing and snowboarding.
Mt. Ashland closed because of high winds.
The Ski Area wrote this in a Facebook post: "The wind just started coming in hard with 50 mile an hour gusts. So sorry folks but MT. ASHLAND WILL BE CLOSED. We gave it the old college try but as Ron Burgundy said “that escalated quickly!”
That rain and wind didn't stop families from enjoying the snow. One family NewsWatch 12 spoke to didn't quite go all the way up to the Ski Area but played in the snow and had a small 'tailgate party' just a few miles down from the slopes.
The Mt. Shasta Ski Park closed because of power surges. In a Facebook, the Ski Park wrote:
"We are closed today due to power surges. Call for questions 530-926-8610." We put a call into the Ski Park asking when they plan on reopening and how the power surge happened. We are waiting for a response back.
- Mt. Ashland and Mt. Shasta are Closed Sunday
- Mt. Ashland CLOSED Today
- Mt. Ashland Day Onesie
- Mt. Shasta and Mt. Ashland Could Both Re-open Friday
- Mt. Ashland Close to Reaching Fundraising Goal
- Mt. Ashland to Close for the Weekend
- Mt. Ashland Opens Terrain Park
- Mt. Ashland Second Opening Day
- Mt. Shasta Ski Park Closed Today
- Massive Avalanche Hits Mt. Shasta