ASHLAND, Ore. -- The Mt. Ashland Ski Area is getting ready to wrap up its 2018-2019 season. General Manager Hiram Towle said this was a pretty successful season. The ski area was open 89 days this year with more than 97,000 skier visits.
"The biggest thing is the smile on people's faces. The skiing has been so incredible, so many powder days. All of the guests are remarking 'best day ever, best day ever' and it just kept coming. I know we're stoked for our skiers and snowboarders and riders. They've had a really good year and we've had a really good year,” added Towle.
This weekend was supposed to be its last open weekend this season. As a thank you to the community, it is throwing in another two days next weekend, Friday, April 19th and Saturday, April 20th. Lift tickets are $20.
"We wanted to give back to the community,” said Towle. ”With the number of visits we've had, that's an amazing outpouring of support so we wanted to support our community and go out with a little bit more of a bang and finish up strong.”
The only times it closed this year was because the weather was too dangerous. The official last day of the season will be Saturday, April 20th. Towle hopes the ski area will see 100,000 skier visits this season.
- Mt. Ashland Ski Area adds two more days to season
- Mt. Ashland Ski Area Opens Tomorrow Morning
- Mt. Ashland Ski Area Awaits Incoming Storm
- Mt. Ashland Ski Area open every day for Spring Break
- Mt. Ashland Day Onesie
- Mt. Ashland Ski Area Reopens After Storm, Messy Roads
- Renovated Mt. Ashland Ski Lodge Debuts
- Chains Required On Mt. Ashland Ski Road
- Mt. Ashland Second Opening Day
- Mt. Ashland CLOSED Today