ASHLAND, Ore.- After about a foot of snow dropped on the mountain last night, the parking lot at Mt. A is starting to fill up again. There are already have some skiers and snowboarders hitting the slopes today, but the soft opening for the mountain, the season opener, is tomorrow at 9AM.
Opening the ski area takes a lot of work. Plows are clearing the walkway towards the ski lodge, boundry ropes are going in, and the ski runs are getting some last minute preparations before skiers and snowboarders officially hit the slopes tomorrow morning.
Hiram Towles, General Manager at Mt. Ashland says, "We've got a really big crew. Patrol is out there playing in the snow and getting some work done."
Some locals couldn't wait to throw on their skis.
Ken Silvernman, a season pass holder says, "Today we are going to climb, they're not quite open yet so we're going to get some tracks down and I'm going to come as often as I can."
The Sonnet and Comer lifts are opening tomorrow, and crews will farm snow for the Windsor lift once another storm passes through.
Towles says, "We got hooked up last night, the snow came in perfect we are at the groomers out there doing some recon all night long so we couldn't be more stoked we are ready to go."
Don't forget tomorrow is day "onesie". If you come dressed up in a onesie ski outfit, you'll get your ticket for $20 dollars. But if you don't feel like dressing up, regular tickets will cost you $25 dollars.
If you do decide to head up to Mt. A for the season opener, make sure to take a look at the roads and be prepared to chain up.
- Mt. Ashland Ski Area Opens Tomorrow Morning
- Mt. Ashland Ski Area Awaits Incoming Storm
- Mt. Ashland Opens Terrain Park
- Mt. Ashland Second Opening Day
- Renovated Mt. Ashland Ski Lodge Debuts
- Renovated Mt. Ashland Ski Lodge Opens Dec. 9th
- Mt. Ashland Is Rescheduling Opening Day
- Mt. Shasta and Mt. Ashland Could Both Re-open Friday
- Mt. Ashland Ski Lodge Getting $1.7 Million Renovation
- Mt. Ashland Says it Could Open as Early as Thursday