ASHLAND, Ore. -- Hiram Towle, the general manager at Mt. Ashland, says the ski area will not be opening on Dec. 9th as previously planned. Regardless of the slopes not opening, the lodge will have their annual Snow Stomp for people to come take pictures for their season passes, hear some live music, and see all the new renovations.
The largest part of the renovation process was replacing two of the porch areas with enclosed sitting areas with spaces for ski gear. They also opened up the space by taking out a wall coming from the main entrance and adding in a new kitchen. Upstairs there is a new bar for hot drinks. Towle said they exposed the rafters to give the space more of a lodge feel.
The rental area is also being remodeled with cubbies and new spaces for rental equipment.
The exterior of the lodge is next on the remodel list. Right now the new additions have new paint and a new roof but the majority of the lodge still needs a new roof and new paint.
Towle says they hope to open the ski area during the two weeks of Christmas vacation. Of course, opening day is completely dependent on weather.
- Mt. Ashland Is Rescheduling Opening Day
- Mt. Ashland Second Opening Day
- Mt. Ashland Opens Terrain Park
- Mt. Ashland Ski Area Opens Tomorrow Morning
- Mt. Shasta and Mt. Ashland Could Both Re-open Friday
- Renovated Mt. Ashland Ski Lodge Opens Dec. 9th
- Mt. Ashland Says it Could Open as Early as Thursday
- Renovated Mt. Ashland Ski Lodge Debuts
- Mt. Ashland Announces Terrain Park This Weekend
- Mt. Ashland Close to Reaching Fundraising Goal