ASHLAND, Ore. — After a healthy helping of snow over the past several weeks, the Mount Ashland Ski Area is set for an early opening this Friday.
The conservative estimate for opening was originally on December 8, but now the Ski Area administrators decided to move that up to December 7 thanks to the favorable conditions.
There is reportedly about 24" of snow at the base, with "sunny skies and moderate temps" in the forecast for Friday.
Mt. Ashland also announced that they will be offering a special price on opening day for anyone who wears a one-piece suit (a "onesie" of some sort) — earning a $25 ticket price.
"All guests are encouraged to wear a one-piece suit and join in the parade of first-chair Onesies. The parade of Onesies will line-up with General Manager Hiram Towle outside of the lodge at 8:30am sharp and proceed with first chair honors and create a sight to behold!" Mt. Ashland said in a statement.
- Mt. Ashland Announces Early Opening, Set for Friday
- Mt. Ashland Opens Terrain Park
- Mt. Ashland Second Opening Day
- Mt. Shasta and Mt. Ashland Could Both Re-open Friday
- Mt. Ashland Day Onesie
- Mt. Ashland Announces Terrain Park This Weekend
- Mt. Ashland Says it Could Open as Early as Thursday
- Mt. Ashland Is Rescheduling Opening Day
- Mt. Ashland Ski Area Opens Tomorrow Morning
- Mt. Ashland Opening Dec. 8, Weather Permitting