GRANTS PASS, Ore. — A Grants Pass man is dead after hitting a deer with his motorcycle on Highway 260 near milepost 10.5, according to the Oregon State Police (OSP).
Dispatch received calls about the crash around 2:10 a.m. on Tuesday morning. Troopers arrived to find the crashed motorcycle, the rider dead at the scene, and a dead deer nearby.
Investigators believe that 36-year-old Donald P. Hoak was riding his 2001 Suzuki motorcycle north on Highway 260 when he struck a deer in the northbound lane. Hoak then lost control of the motorcycle and crashed.
OSP was assisted at the scene by Rural Metro Fire and Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT).
- Motorcycle Rider Killed in Crash With Deer in Grants Pass
- Motorcycle Rider Hospitalized After Crashing Into Buck Deer
- Motorcycle rider killed in White City crash identified, investigation continues
- Crash Between Van & Motorcycle in Grants Pass Injures One
- Grants Pass Woman Killed in Crash
- Sheriff: Crash that Injured Two Motorcycle Riders Still Under Investigation
- Grants Pass Man Killed in Douglas County Crash
- Motorcycle Passenger Killed in Lake County Crash
- Wimer Man Killed in Motorcycle Crash
- OSP Investigating Fatal Crash in Grants Pass