LAKEVIEW, Ore. — A crash between a motorcycle and another vehicle left one dead, one severely injured and another person with minor injuries along Highway 395 near Lakeview on Sunday, according to Oregon State Police (OSP).
Troopers and emergency personnel responded to the incident just before 4 p.m., finding the crash near milepost 141 on Hwy 395.
Investigators believe that 26-year-old Jacob Alexander Lepeilbet of Caldwell, Idaho and 35-year-old Hailey Michelle Ernest of Boise, Idaho were riding a blue 2015 Harley Davidson motorcycle northbound on Hwy 395.
For an undetermined reason, Lepeilbet (the motorcycle operator) did not stop for a 1995 Ford Taurus stopped in the northbound lane, signaling to turn left. Lepeilbet's motorcycle hit the rear of the Taurus at full "highway speed."
Ernest (the motorcycle passenger) sustained fatal injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene. Lepeilbet suffered significant injuries and was transported to the Lake District Hospital and later flown to St. Charles Medical Center in Bend, Oregon.
The driver of the Taurus, 59-year-old Ronald Allen Foltz from Lakeview, Oregon, sustained minor injuries.
- Motorcycle Passenger Killed in Lake County Crash
- Wimer Man Killed in Motorcycle Crash
- Sheriff: Passenger killed in Klamath County rollover DUII crash
- Passenger Killed in Rollover Crash on Williams Highway
- Motorcycle Rider Killed in Crash With Deer in Grants Pass
- Motorcycle rider killed in White City crash identified, investigation continues
- Police identify Ashland man killed in motorcycle crash
- Passengers Run From Scene Of Crash
- One person killed, three injured in crash near Diamond Lake
- A biker survived the motorcycle crash that killed 7. 'It was just all fire,' she says