Missing hiker David Ura is alive and has now been re-united with his family.
He was discovered this morning by a small search party made up of his daughter May, daughter-in-law, son and a family friend.
David had been missing for 14 days. May says he ran out of food three days ago and had been out of water for a day.
According to May, he got lost in the Harvey Peak area and eventually made his way road M2 where he walked for 30 miles and 3 days before he was found.
May describes the moment they found him: "All of a sudden my sister-in-law says, May, May, Kingsley, Kingsley!" she details. "And I was like, what? And I saw my dog on the side of the road and I was like, 'My dad has to be close. My dad has to be close.' So we parked the car, got out. Not even seconds later, there was my dad walking down the hill."
From that moment May says it was pure elation. "I just, I literally ran up and I hugged my dad," she remembers. "I cried because I was just so happy. I found my dad, oh my gosh! I found my dad. My family and I found my dad!"
David is resting and recuperating right now in Corning with his family. May says he probably lost about 25 pounds during his ordeal.
- Daughter Explains How Missing Hiker Was Found
- Missing Hiker Rescued
- UPDATE: Family of Missing Hiker Says He Was Found Alive
- UPDATE: Missing Sams Valley Mother and Daughters Found Safe
- Missing Ohio Hiker Found Alive on Flank of Mount St. Helens
- UPDATE: Body Found on Mount Hood Confirmed to Be Missing Hiker
- UPDATE: Missing mother found
- UPDATE: Missing Mushroom Picker Found
- MIssing Ashland Woman Found Dead
- Missing Oregon Truck Driver Found