Photo Gallery 2 Images
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — The Oregon State Medical Examiner says the weapons used to kill four people Saturday at their Oregon home were an ax and knives. The home is about 20 miles south of Portland near Woodburn.
The Clackamas County Sheriff's Office said Tuesday that sharp-force trauma was the cause of death for 9-month-old Olivia Gago, 31-year-old Shaina Sweitzer and 64-year-old Pamela Bremer.
The medical examiner said 66-year-old Jerry Bremer died of a combination of blunt-force trauma and sharp-force trauma.
The sheriff's office says Mark Gago killed his parents, his girlfriend and their daughter Saturday night before deputies fatally shot him as he attacked an 8-year-old girl who was Sweitzer's daughter.
The sheriff's office says deputies shot Gago before he could kill the girl. A roommate was also hurt in the incident, which remains under investigation.
"She said it was like an ax."
A neighbor (who wants to remain anonymous) says 1 of 2 survivors of the quadruple homicide ran to his house, bleeding.
He says she told him Gago attacked her in her sleep w/ a weapon. She said she fought him off & escaped. She thought he was high. pic.twitter.com/WWZp7nLXjo
— Maggie Vespa KGW (@Maggie_Vespa) January 20, 2019
- Medical Examiner: Oregon Family Slain With Ax, Knives
- Oregon approves paid family and medical leave
- Oregon Capitol's Famous Cherry Trees May Get the Ax
- Family of Slain Rancher Lavoy Finicum Sues Federal Government
- Slain Deputy's Handcuffs Used to Arrest Suspect
- Local Agencies Examine Impacts Of Statewide Child Abuse Epidemic
- 19 Indian students kill themselves after controversial examination results
- Oregon Admits Lack of Oversight of Medical Marijuana Program
- Medical Eye Center
- Family of New Jersey man who died in the Dominican Republic wants his body examined in the US